An update by Geoff Hore 2008-2015. The writing in black font is from A Bibliography of Bagpipe Music. The update comments are in blue font.
Cannon found two editions of this book and no others are known. The date of edition 2 has not yet been established.
p [i], title; p [ii], index; pp 1-30, tunes (52).
- Mitchell Library, Glasgow.* Cloth binding, probably original. No fly-leaves. 7.1 x 10.8″. Received 5 May 1938.
- The Author’s Collection. A note inside the front cover has: ‘To Piper Angus Grahame, 1st Honorary Piper, Wellington Gaelic Club. Xmas 1930. As a token of appreciation for pleasure received from the music.’
There is no imprint, and no wording on the title-page other than what is given here. Askew quotes the title as here and adds ‘Edinburgh: The Scottish Pipers’ Society’.
On the rear of the title-page is the following:
Copyright arrangements / printed by permission of / Paterson’s Publications Limited / 27 George Street, Edinburgh / 36 Wigmore Street, London /
p [i], title; p [ii], imprint; p [iii], index; p [iv] blank; pp 1-36, tunes (61).
- Private collection* Cloth, boards. One fly-leaf at each end. 6.0 x 9.7″.
- The Author’s Collection. Donated by Dugald MacNeill, Scotland.
Many of the tunes in edition 1 have been removed and new ones inserted. As stated above the publication date of this edition is unknown but it was still available in 1980.
- Rev 00 (14 September 2008), Rev 01 (19 July 2009).This revision has minor changes.
© Geoff Hore