An update by Geoff Hore 2008-2015. The writing in black font is from A Bibliography of Bagpipe Music. The update comments are in blue font.
p [i], title, with picture of compiler; pp [ii-iii], index; p [iv] blank; pp 1-81, tunes 1-100; pp [82-84] blank.
- City Library Library, Dundee. A former owner has written the date 1900 on the contents page, but see below.
- National Library of Scotland, Edinburgh.* Soft cover. 6.8 x 10. 2”
- Mitchell Library, Glasgow. (catalogue no. 239701) Received 20 February 1907.
- Mitchell Library, Glasgow. (catalogue no. M13406) Received 18 August 1936.
- Bodleian Library, Oxford.* Received 26 September 1906.
- Central Public Library, Edinburgh.
- The Author’s Collection.
The date of this book can be narrowed down to the period mid-1903 to September 1906, since the Glasgow Post Office Directory has John MacPhedran’s address as 218 Vernon Street in the 1902-3 edition, and 66 Lambhill Street from the 1903-4 edition onwards.
This collection was omitted by Askew. Although the title-page has ‘Part 1’, no other parts seem to be known. Donald MacPhedran died in Glasgow in 1908, aged about 65 (Piping Times, August 1972).
No further comments can be added at this time.
Unicorn Limited Inc in USA offers a reproduction on CD. See www.scotpress.com.
- Rev 00.
© Geoff Hore