An update by Geoff Hore 2008-2015. The writing in black font is from A Bibliography of Bagpipe Music. The update comments are in blue font.
title; pp 1-37, marches 1-74; pp 38-51, strathspeys 1-48; pp 52-68, reels 1-47; pp 69-72, jigs 1-9; pp 73-92, pibrochs 1-20.
- Public Library, New York.* Library binding. Two fly-leaves at each end. 13.5 x 10.3′. The title-page is inscribed ‘To the Honble Miss Elspeth Campbell with best wishes from the compiler’.
- National Library of Scotland, Edinburgh.
- Mitchell Library, Glasgow.
- British Library, London. (dated  in catalogue).
- Private Collection. Allan Speedy of Auckland.
The Author’s Collection.
There is no imprint. Manson gives the date, 1899; place of publication, Strathtay; and price, 21s. No other edition is known, but in c. 1905 the price was 16s. 6d. (price list in Robert McKinnon’s collection, No. 323, edn. IV).
On p 69 is a note: These jigs are published by kind permission of Mr. Wm. Sutherland, Airdrie.
Unicorn Limited Inc in USA offers a reproduction on CD. See www.scotpress.com.
- Rev 00
© Geoff Hore 2011