An update by Geoff Hore 2008-2015. The writing in black font is from A Bibliography of Bagpipe Music. The update comments are in blue font.
p , title; p 3, prefatory note; p 5, scale diagram for seven-keyed chanter; pp 6-7, index; pp 8-30, tunes 1-43; pp [31-2] blank.
- National Library of Scotland, Edinburgh. Paper covers, now almost completely removed. Bound up with several other books. 4.5 x 7.0”.
- Black Gate Museum, Newcastle. (two copies, one of them bound up with the original MS, a proof copy and a batch of related correspondence).
- Bodleian Library, Oxford.
The prefatory note, which has no heading, reads, ‘The prospect of a Pipe competition, and the difficulty in obtaining tunes adapted to the compass of the Northumbrian small Pipes, have induced me to compile this small collection which I trust will meet the requirements of intending competitors. J.C. September 1st. 1877.’
- Rev 00 (17 October 2008)
- Rev 01 (21 February 2011). Adds scanned image of title-page.
- Rev 02. (9 April 2015). Format changed for bibliography.altpibroch.com. The edition numbering changed from Roman to Arabic numerals.
© Geoff Hore 2015